Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Mountains

I have always loved looking at the mountains. Growing up in Mount Vernon our home had a view of the Olympic Mountain Range. As a young girl, I never got tired of looking at them from my bedroom window.


A few weeks ago, I went on a field trip with my 12 year old son to Mount St. Helens. It was a beautiful clear day. If you have not been to the mountain, take the time to go. The picture really doesn't do justice to the amazing site, I had never seen.



The following weekend, we went to the Columbia Gorge. We enjoy going to the Gorge. It's a quick trip and so much to see and do. Years ago, before my husband I had children, we would get in the car and drive the back roads. One of our road trips was to the Gorge. We came to a neat little town called Trout Lake. There wasn't much there ~ a General Store, a Country Inn and Mt. Adams. So we decided to visit that town again. It had been at least 18 years since we had been there and it was just as I had remembered it.

Mt. Adams





2 comments:

  1. We love our drives to Mt. St. Helen's, but have never checked out The Gorge! Your photo's are lovely ~ I think I will have to visit Trout Lake in the spring. It looks charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you doing with all this site seeing! You've got a show to get ready! I love the Pacific Noerthwest. We have incredible scenery so close to home.

    ReplyDelete