Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Log Cabin




Some of our vendors so fondly refer to our show as the log cabin show. The first time I ever went into this building was way back in 1981. Bob and I went to an antique auction inside the main hall. We bought a wonderful old sofa with beautiful floral fabric. It was the first piece of furniture we ever bought together. He also bought me a ring with an onyx heart on it. We really couldn't afford it, so sweet. When I started the Flea Market in other buildings at the Fairgrounds, the Heritage Hall always beckoned me. I knew someday I'd have the opportunity to dress this wonderful old building up and do something really special in there.

As Shelly and I travel around dropping our flyers off, time and again we hear people say how this is one of their favorite shows of the year. The building is perfect for this event. The log walls, antique fixtures, and wood floors embrace you with it's warmth and history. It's a small and personal sale, the vendors are thoughtfully chosen for their offerings and because they are so good to work with. Yummy food is offered again by Kristi of Paprikas Catering. We also will set the tone with a few fiddlers playing Christmas music on Friday from 4-6pm. We hope to see you at our Holiday Market! ~Sharon

2 comments:

  1. What fun I had last year shopping this sale! And how nice that it's so close to home. I've got you on my sidebar too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher!

    ReplyDelete